Join Steve Holyhead for an in-depth discussion in this video Getting tracks into the timeline, part of Migrating from Final Cut Pro 7 to Avid Media Composer 5.5.
We have only been exposed to the Timeline window and dealt with sequences in…various different parts of the course.…Here, we'll consolidate what we know and bring all of those aspects together as…we study the timeline, its tools and functionality in detail.…Now I'm in same project, catalyst_5994.…Inside the 06_01 subfolder, we have a bin called swingdance.…One thing I would just like to quickly point out: the tool palette here that…we've been using as a learning aid, occasionally it might change shape.…
If it does that, than you might find that the buttons themselves get out of order.…If that happens, just simply grab on the corner again, pull it back to the same…length that it was originally, and there you have it--…you're back to the original tool palette the way that we set it up.…Now in this chapter, we'll be covering topics that will make heavier usage of…those editing buttons that we did map to this custom tool palette.…And as a reminder, we placed the editing tools here between the playback tools on…
- Working with clips, bins, folders and the project window
- Customizing user settings and keyboard layout
- Importing video, audio, and graphics
- Accessing clips from other projects
- Comparing backup structure
- Organizing media and project assets
- Understanding media resolution and locations
- Editing in the timeline
- Mixing audio
- Compositing with keyframes
- Creating titles
- Color correcting footage
- Preparing and outputting master sequences
Skill Level Beginner
1. Comparing Interface and Application Basics
2. Understanding Media, Projects, and Levels of Organization
Comparing backup structure9m 51s
3. Taking Control of Media Composer
4. Linking, Importing, and Managing Media
5. Organizing, Viewing, Logging, and Searching
6. Understanding the Basics of Editing
7. Editing in the Timeline
8. Understanding Audio
9. Adding Effects and Finishing
10. Delivering Masters for Web, DVD, and More
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.