Join Diana Weynand for an in-depth discussion in this video Fine-tuning the edits in a project, part of Effective Storytelling with Final Cut Pro X v10.0.9.
When you insert interview clips into your primary storyline, you may end up…with some jarring cuts, and that's because sometimes the audio portion of these…clips may be important to your story, but they may not fit exactly the way you…want them to.…So your job as an editor is to sell the cut.…In the trade, that simply means you have to make the edit point work as…naturally as possible.…No worries, it's a good time to fiddle with the clip placement, adjust volume…and use the old film style adjustments, L-cut and J-cut.…Since there are already markers in this project, let's use them to go directly…to the places where we want to make changes, and we can do that by opening up the…Timeline Index, clicking Tags, and then clicking the To Do markers, let's click…the first To Do marker.…
In the project, that took our playhead directly to the Paul clip in this area.…And if we look at that, we're going to see a jump cut between the two…Paul clips.…(Video Playing) Paul: Here at Thanksgiving Coffee Company…
- Identifying story elements
- Finding the essence of a story
- Importing folders and stills as keyword collections
- Using keywords to make clips accessible
- Prepping clips for editing
- Developing story diversity
- Sculpting the story within the timeline
- Fine-tuning edits
- Organizing separate story segments into independent storylines
- Recording a narration track
- Adding sound effects
- Applying effects to enhance story elements
- Adding freeze frames
Skill Level Intermediate
Premiere Pro CS5.5 New Featureswith David Basulto27m 7s Intermediate
1. Defining Your Story
2. Gathering Story Elements
3. Organizing Story Elements
4. Building a Primary Storyline
5. Refining the Story
6. Previsualizing in Final Cut to Help Write Your Story
7. Embellishing Your Story
8. Moving the Story Along
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.