Join Diana Weynand for an in-depth discussion in this video Finding the essence of the story, part of Effective Storytelling with Final Cut Pro X v10.0.9.
Some stories present themselves clearly, and during the editing process there's…never a doubt about what you're after.…The feeling or the essence of the story is always clear to you, but some…stories are elusive.…If you're on the search for your story, there are a few ways you can keep the…essence or story reminders close at hand.…Where can you look for story reminders?…One good place is in the B-roll footage.…Let's take a look at this clip of the giraffes.…(Video Playing)…It may be that this image of the giraffe is not something that you would use to…tell the story in the project itself, but personally it might remind you of…the flavor of the place, and for that reason alone it would be valuable and…worth importing.…
This is a still image of a boy on a rock.…There's beauty and simplicity in this image.…Do you have another image that takes your breath away about the place that would…remind you of your story essence?…In this clip, notice how people do things differently to identify themselves.…(Video Playing)…
- Identifying story elements
- Finding the essence of a story
- Importing folders and stills as keyword collections
- Using keywords to make clips accessible
- Prepping clips for editing
- Developing story diversity
- Sculpting the story within the timeline
- Fine-tuning edits
- Organizing separate story segments into independent storylines
- Recording a narration track
- Adding sound effects
- Applying effects to enhance story elements
- Adding freeze frames
Skill Level Intermediate
Premiere Pro CS5.5 New Featureswith David Basulto27m 7s Intermediate
1. Defining Your Story
2. Gathering Story Elements
3. Organizing Story Elements
4. Building a Primary Storyline
5. Refining the Story
6. Previsualizing in Final Cut to Help Write Your Story
7. Embellishing Your Story
8. Moving the Story Along
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.