Join Scott Hirsch for an in-depth discussion in this video Final thoughts, part of Audio Post Workflow with Final Cut Pro X v10.1.x & Pro Tools.
- In this course we've looked at how…to master a workflow that involves…sending our soundtracks from Final Cut Pro X…to Pro Tools and back.…Along the way we've explored some options…on how to optimize your audio mix in Pro Tools.…While we just barely scratched the surface…on what you can do in Pro Tools,…at the very least you have a good sense…of how this workflow operates…and what kind of things are possible…when you expand your methods to include Pro Tools.…If you're interested in more in-depth…audio for video techniques,…please watch my other course…called Audio for Film and Video with Pro Tools.…
There we get more heavily into concepts…like noise reduction and post-production…mixing techniques.…We even get into surround mixing.…Thanks again for watching this course.…I'll see you next time.…
Note: This course was updated to reflect the changes to Final Cut Pro X v. 10.1.x. Although the course was not re-recorded from scratch, we updated the applicable movies by adding text overlays to guide you to existing changes. We also updated the exercise files to work with the most current version of the software. Please watch the "Using the exercise files" movie to learn exactly what to expect from this updated course. Working with an earlier version of Final Cut Pro X? Watch Audio Post Workflow with Final Cut Pro X v10.0.9 and Pro Tools.
- Preparing the Final Cut Pro timeline for export
- Exporting audio
- Importing audio in Pro Tools
- Choosing sources and assigning tracks
- Adding sound effects and music
- Enhancing the audio with crossfades and noise reduction
- Exporting audio from Pro Tools