Note: This version covers the October 2018 update to Final Cut Pro X, including new features such as the comparison view, auditions, compound clips, Photoshop LUTs, exporting to Resolve, and more.
- Using and customizing a color correction workspace
- Making basic corrections
- Previewing adjustments with auditions
- Fixing white balance
- Color matching shots
- Adjusting curves
- Creating a secondary color selection
- Combining shape and color masks
- Applying creative looks with color correction presets
- Creating lookup tables (LUTs) in Photoshop
- Applying filmic looks and effects
- Working with HDR video
Skill Level Intermediate
- Hi, I'm Nick Harauz. I'm a video editor and motion graphic designer. Welcome to the Final Cut Pro X Guru color correction course. In this, we're going to take a deep dive into how to work with color in Final Cut. Maybe your video image has a color cast or looks flat or you want to learn to work with LUTx. If you're looking to enhance your projects and story through color, Final Cut Pro X offers a variety of tools, scopes, and effects for you to grade with.
This course is designed to give viewers an extensive overview of Final Cut Pro X's color correction workflow so you can manipulate and adjust your video clips with ease. In the first few chapters we will learn how to use the built in tools to effectively grade our images. We will look at working in the color inspector, to apply a color board, color wheels, color curves, or hue and saturation curves adjustment. We will use these tools to adjust contrast, saturation, and color in a clip's shadows, midtones, and highlights.
We're going to perform secondary corrections with the help of masks and using an eyedropper to isolate color. And finally, create popular looks that can be saved as presets. Let's get started.
Final Cut Pro X v10.1.x: Effective Storytellingwith Diana Weynand3h 53m Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Creating Speed Changeswith Jeff I. Greenberg44m 57s Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Online OfflIne Workflowswith Jeff I. Greenberg49m 30s Intermediate
1. Evaluating and Adjusting Images
2. Making Basic Corrections
3. Working with Curves
Adjusting curves7m 51s
4. Making Secondary Corrections
5. Making Creative Corrections
6. Working with Raw Video
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.