- View Offline
NOTE: This course and its exercise files are not compatible with Final Cut Pro X v. 10.1 or later. If you are running v. 10.1 or later, please watch Final Cut Pro X 10.1.1 Essential Training instead.
- Understanding nonlinear editing
- Creating and organizing events
- Organizing footage with keywords and ratings
- Playing and marking clips
- Performing Insert, Append, Overwrite, and Replace edits
- Moving and removing clips
- Trimming in the timeline: performing ripple, roll, slip and slide edits
- Working with connected clips and multiple storylines
- Adjusting audio levels, EQ, and more
- Performing a multicam edit
- Adding and animating video and audio effects
- Working with motion effects, speed effects, titles, themes, and generators
- Performing primary and secondary color correction
- Importing and analyzing footage from multiple platforms
- Managing media and project data
- Sharing and exporting projects
Skill Level Beginner
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Ashley Kennedy. Welcome to the Final Cut Pro X Essential Training. In this course, I'll show you many of Final Cut's powerful organizational tools. I'll show you basic and intermediate editing techniques as we work in both documentary and dramatic narrative projects. We'll take a look at how to enhance your program's audio using many of the integrated audio editing and equalization tools, as well as how to use Final Cut's robust color corrections tools to perform both primary and secondary color correction.
We'll explore how to apply all types of effects to enrich your video, graphics and audio, and I'll show you how to input, output, media manage, and troubleshoot your materials so that you can feel comfortable with the technical components of editing, as well as the artistic. So let's have fun as we begin to take a look at the many exciting possibilities inside of Final Cut Pro X.