Join Steve Holyhead for an in-depth discussion in this video Exporting audio and output settings, part of Migrating from Final Cut Pro 7 to Avid Media Composer 5.5.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
When it comes to audio output, we have similar choices to audio input.…First, we can output audio as a signal and this would be done via the Digital Cut tool.…So with my sequence selected, and I usually go through the process of marking…the entire sequence as well,…I will go to the Output menu and to the Digital Cut tool.…Here I can choose which audio tracks I'm going to be outputting to and whether…or not I'm going to be inserting the audio or assembling the audio.…Obviously, this is the tool for laying out audio or audio with picture to…tape frame accurately.…
You could of course just play the audio from the timeline and record that too if you so wished.…So I'm going to close the Digital Cut tool and talk about a different way to…get our audio media out of the Media Composer, and that would be to take the…sequence in the bin here, right- click, and choose the Export dialog.…Here we've got the ability to choose a type of export, so let's go into…our Options and we can choose Audio from our list of potential different output types.…
- Working with clips, bins, folders and the project window
- Customizing user settings and keyboard layout
- Importing video, audio, and graphics
- Accessing clips from other projects
- Comparing backup structure
- Organizing media and project assets
- Understanding media resolution and locations
- Editing in the timeline
- Mixing audio
- Compositing with keyframes
- Creating titles
- Color correcting footage
- Preparing and outputting master sequences
Skill Level Beginner
1. Comparing Interface and Application Basics
2. Understanding Media, Projects, and Levels of Organization
Comparing backup structure9m 51s
3. Taking Control of Media Composer
4. Linking, Importing, and Managing Media
5. Organizing, Viewing, Logging, and Searching
6. Understanding the Basics of Editing
7. Editing in the Timeline
8. Understanding Audio
9. Adding Effects and Finishing
10. Delivering Masters for Web, DVD, and More
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.