Not only can you bring in and edit 360 footage starting with the 10.4 update to Apple Final Cut Pro X, you can also export 360 footage with Apple Compressor. Is there anything different that you need to know when you export a 360 project? In this video, Nick Harauz walks you through how to use Compressor to export 360 projects.
- [Narrator] After you're finished working with…your 360 video inside of Final Cut Pro 10.4,…you now have the ability to export it as well,…and Final Cut Pro is going to add…all that necessary 360 metadata for you…to upload to either your favorite video sharing device,…or sharing your projects amongst your team…or other people who you'd like to see your 360 content.…If you've started off by creating a 360 project,…all of this information of the 360 project…is going to carry over to Compressor,…or into the share settings that you have in Final Cut.…
So, just to note here, if I go into…and take a look at my 360 meditation project here,…and we view it under the info inspector,…just notice that it is 360 degrees.…So I created that project by dragging a 360 clip,…which I can see here has a 360 badge on it,…can see here that your 360 text has the same thing.…So that information,…because this is 360 footage in a 360 project,…it's ready to go for sharing.…
If I go to the File menu, and choose to share,…I could choose one of these pre-destinations…
- HEVC support
- HDR support
- Color correction
- Color Wheels and Color Curves
- Creating 360-degree video projects
- Virtual reality effects and titles
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/17/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: Camera RAW support and importing, creating, and exporting closed captions.
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Blending Mode Secretswith Jeff I. Greenberg1h 17m Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Creating Speed Changeswith Jeff I. Greenberg44m 57s Intermediate
1. Workflow Improvements
2. Color Workflow Additions
3. Virtual Reality Improvements
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.