Join Steve Holyhead for an in-depth discussion in this video Exploring site, project, and user settings, part of Migrating from Final Cut Pro 7 to Avid Media Composer 5.5.
For those following along, I am back in the catalyst_5994 project.…We know by this stage that when we want to adjust settings in Media Composer the…best place to start is in the project window itself, under the Settings tab.…Now in Final Cut Pro, there are three main types of settings: Audio-Video…settings, System settings and user preferences, all available under the FCP menu.…Here in Media Composer, I am going to expand out my project window a little bit…here, so we can see more clearly that are also three types of settings.…
There are User settings, Project settings and Site settings.…If I scroll up the project window, you can see that in some cases there are more…than one option for a setting, and these may even be labeled individually like so…in the central column here.…If I scroll up a bit further, you can see there a lot of different Export settings.…If we want to filter this list, we can actually click at the top here and filter…the list by looking at only Export settings, for example, or maybe only Import…
- Working with clips, bins, folders and the project window
- Customizing user settings and keyboard layout
- Importing video, audio, and graphics
- Accessing clips from other projects
- Comparing backup structure
- Organizing media and project assets
- Understanding media resolution and locations
- Editing in the timeline
- Mixing audio
- Compositing with keyframes
- Creating titles
- Color correcting footage
- Preparing and outputting master sequences
Skill Level Beginner
1. Comparing Interface and Application Basics
2. Understanding Media, Projects, and Levels of Organization
Comparing backup structure9m 51s
3. Taking Control of Media Composer
4. Linking, Importing, and Managing Media
5. Organizing, Viewing, Logging, and Searching
6. Understanding the Basics of Editing
7. Editing in the Timeline
8. Understanding Audio
9. Adding Effects and Finishing
10. Delivering Masters for Web, DVD, and More
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.