Join Ashley Kennedy for an in-depth discussion in this video Examining pre-visualization materials: The script and storyboard, part of Commercial Editing Techniques with Final Cut Pro X v10.1.x.
- In addition to general brand information…you will likely be given some pre-visualization materials…like a script, style frames and storyboard.…A script will provide the voiceover or dialogue…for the spot as well as some description of the action.…Style frames are meant to evoke a specific feeling…for the spot and are often heavily stylized…to give a detailed look and feel…that the client or director is going for.…Storyboards are a series of illustrations or images…that are meant to layout a sequence for a spot…as well as to focus the story and timing…and define several technical perameters…like description of motion, camera and lighting.…
Now as I mentioned earlier, this particular commercial…doesn't have storyboards but it…does contain a script and style frames.…Let's take a look at those.…First, let's take a look at the script.…I'm just going to read it aloud so we get a sense…of how it's all coming together at this stage.…You work hard and play harder.…Water alone can't give you back the minerals you lose.…
Note: This course was updated to reflect the changes to Final Cut Pro X v. 10.1.x. Although the course was not re-recorded from scratch, we updated the applicable movies by adding text overlays to guide you through existing changes. We also updated the exercise files to work with the most current version of the software. Please watch the "Understanding this update and using the exercise files" movie to learn exactly what to expect from this updated course. Working with an earlier version of Final Cut Pro X? Watch Commercial Editing Techniques with Final Cut Pro X v10.0.9.
- What is commercial editing?
- Understanding the product's audience and intent
- Marking the best shots
- Laying out the visual structure
- Building an audio foundation
- Manipulating speed
- Adding transition effects
- Adding graphics, music, and voice-over
- Delivering the project and receiving feedback