Join Diana Weynand for an in-depth discussion in this video Evaluating the project for story content and pacing, part of Effective Storytelling with Final Cut Pro X v10.0.9.
Ever noticed that when something in a movie catches your attention, you stop…eating your popcorn.…It could be a confusing jump in characters, a tender moment, out of sync audio…or a runaway train coming into a station.…Good edits or bad, your brain tells you to stop everything you're doing and pay…attention to what you're seeing and hearing.…The magic to this alarm system may have more to do with evaluating what's on…screen than it does with the buttery popcorn.…So let's dim the lights, kick back and what the heck, grab some popcorn. It's…time for a screening.…
In the Project Library let's open the 05-03_Coffee Composite project.…In this project you'll see the familiar coffee clips, but when you skim through…the project you'll notice that there are other clips of Ben and Paul talking, of JJ,…and in the timeline you see narration flips and you Sinina, well you see…Sinina's clip but you don't see Sinina on screen.…What we want to do is kick back, literally, and see whether or not this current…
- Identifying story elements
- Finding the essence of a story
- Importing folders and stills as keyword collections
- Using keywords to make clips accessible
- Prepping clips for editing
- Developing story diversity
- Sculpting the story within the timeline
- Fine-tuning edits
- Organizing separate story segments into independent storylines
- Recording a narration track
- Adding sound effects
- Applying effects to enhance story elements
- Adding freeze frames
Skill Level Intermediate
Premiere Pro CS5.5 New Featureswith David Basulto27m 7s Intermediate
1. Defining Your Story
2. Gathering Story Elements
3. Organizing Story Elements
4. Building a Primary Storyline
5. Refining the Story
6. Previsualizing in Final Cut to Help Write Your Story
7. Embellishing Your Story
8. Moving the Story Along
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.