Join Diana Weynand for an in-depth discussion in this video Editing and arranging a still-image storyline, part of Effective Storytelling with Final Cut Pro X v10.0.9.
Taking still photos at a video shoot might seem a little redundant, but I…believe our eyes see differently through a still camera than a video camera.…Since you are not recording sound, you have to look more closely to determine…what the image is saying, and still images can be powerful.…Just ask a photojournalist, they can tell very compelling stories simply by…using still images and an audio recording of someone talking.…As part of a video project though, stills can add a needed pause or an extra…dimension to your story.…In the Project Library let's open the Stills project.…
This is an empty project.…And remember in order to edit something like stills or audio we are going to…first need to edit a video clip to establish the settings.…Let's edit a clip from our Music selection.…We have different clips.…We have drumming, and kids playing xylophone, but we also have this lovely clip…of kids singing and clapping together.…Let's edit this into the timeline.…Editing that clip now sets the settings for the entire project.…
- Identifying story elements
- Finding the essence of a story
- Importing folders and stills as keyword collections
- Using keywords to make clips accessible
- Prepping clips for editing
- Developing story diversity
- Sculpting the story within the timeline
- Fine-tuning edits
- Organizing separate story segments into independent storylines
- Recording a narration track
- Adding sound effects
- Applying effects to enhance story elements
- Adding freeze frames
Skill Level Intermediate
Premiere Pro CS5.5 New Featureswith David Basulto27m 11s Intermediate
Color Correction in Final Cut Pro Xwith Robbie Carman2h 40m Beginner
1. Defining Your Story
2. Gathering Story Elements
3. Organizing Story Elements
4. Building a Primary Storyline
5. Refining the Story
6. Previsualizing in Final Cut to Help Write Your Story
7. Embellishing Your Story
8. Moving the Story Along
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.