Join Abba Shapiro for an in-depth discussion in this video Editing B-roll with connected clips, part of Migrating from Final Cut Pro 7 to Final Cut Pro X (2011).
Now let's export how Final Cut Pro X handles B-roll with something…called connected clips.…Now we've use connected clips a few times in earlier movies, but let's really…dig in a little deeper so you can really wrap your head around it.…Go ahead and step into the Connected Clips project.…Now as you see we don't have any B-roll or cutaway footage above Pablo's interview.…Let's go ahead and focus in on his interview.…I am going to go Command+Plus to zoom in and I'm going to scroll up just to make…sure that I have a little space above here on the top.…
Now I want to make sure that we have sometime to put a lower third in, so I…probably want to bring my first B-roll cutaway in at this point.…Now I want to find all the shots with Pablo in them.…Well, thanks to the fact that we were able to keyword Pablo into many of the shots,…I simply select the entire Event Library and I'll type Pablo into the search field.…Immediately, I have all the shots that I put the metadata in that we see Pablo dancing.…
This course helps experienced Final Cut Pro editors understand new ways of performing traditional editing techniques. New terminology and new tools for performing editing functions are also clarified.
- Touring the X interface
- Running Final Cut Pro 7 and X on the same machine
- Importing and analyzing media
- New editing methods (including append and connected clips)
- Timeline editing (including ripple, roll, slip, and slide edits)
- Adding audio
- Fine-tuning with the Precision Editor
- Adding and adjusting transitions
- Creating titles
- Applying motion effects to clips
- Performing color corrections
- Archiving and collaboration
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting Up the Workspace
2. Importing and Managing Assets
3. Creating Projects and Editing
4. Using Effects and Making Adjustments
5. Exporting and Sharing
Collaboration and archiving5m 56s
Next steps3m 26s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.