Join Ashley Kennedy for an in-depth discussion in this video Delivering the project and receiving feedback, part of Final Cut Pro X v10.1.x: Commercial Editing Techniques.
- Once everything is looking how you'd like it,…it's time to get final approval from the client.…As we mentioned before, however,…chances are the client or agency…has been involved throughout the editing process,…as commercial editing is an extremely collaborative art.…In this course, we've been focusing primarily on the art…of constructing the commercial, but just remember…editors don't do this in a vacuum.…Realize that all of the ideas and approaches…would've likely been reached…through a highly collaborative process with…many screenings, re-cuts, re-screenings and so on.…
And you know what?…Most editors would say that, in general,…it's immensely beneficial…to have multiple points of feedback…built into the schedule…throughout the post-production process.…That way, when you finally do reach picture log…you can be confident that the cut…is generally in good shape.…But what I'd like to do is talk a little bit…about getting a high quality version of your project…out of Final Cut and into the hands of your client…
Note: This course was updated to reflect the changes to Final Cut Pro X v. 10.1.x. Although the course was not re-recorded from scratch, we updated the applicable movies by adding text overlays to guide you through existing changes. We also updated the exercise files to work with the most current version of the software. Please watch the "Understanding this update and using the exercise files" movie to learn exactly what to expect from this updated course. Working with an earlier version of Final Cut Pro X? Watch Commercial Editing Techniques with Final Cut Pro X v10.0.9.
- What is commercial editing?
- Understanding the product's audience and intent
- Marking the best shots
- Laying out the visual structure
- Building an audio foundation
- Manipulating speed
- Adding transition effects
- Adding graphics, music, and voice-over
- Delivering the project and receiving feedback