Join Steve Holyhead for an in-depth discussion in this video Deleting clips and using the Media tool, part of Migrating from Final Cut Pro 7 to Avid Media Composer 5.5.
After encouraging you to create a bunch of HD media, it would be remiss of me if…I would were not also to cover how to delete media.…So let's go back to the graphics we imported at XDcam 35 Megabits per second…into import bin earlier.…Select just the graphics themselves, not the sequence. Hit the Delete key on your keyboard.…Now you've got two choices.…Do you want to delete the master clips themselves, which are the objects in the…bin, or do we want to delete the media files associated with them?…These are the media files that take up most of the space and are stored on the Media Drive.…
That's actually what I want to do.…I want to delete just the media associated with them. Click OK. Confirm.…Now the media has gone.…If I take one of these clips here from the bin, and load it into the Source…viewer, you can see it's displaying Media Offline, and the sequence that we made…from those clips is also offline.…Now, if I were to also go ahead and repeat the Delete command with those clips,…you can see now I only have a single choice. The media is already gone, so the…
- Working with clips, bins, folders and the project window
- Customizing user settings and keyboard layout
- Importing video, audio, and graphics
- Accessing clips from other projects
- Comparing backup structure
- Organizing media and project assets
- Understanding media resolution and locations
- Editing in the timeline
- Mixing audio
- Compositing with keyframes
- Creating titles
- Color correcting footage
- Preparing and outputting master sequences
Skill Level Beginner
1. Comparing Interface and Application Basics
2. Understanding Media, Projects, and Levels of Organization
Comparing backup structure9m 51s
3. Taking Control of Media Composer
4. Linking, Importing, and Managing Media
5. Organizing, Viewing, Logging, and Searching
6. Understanding the Basics of Editing
7. Editing in the Timeline
8. Understanding Audio
9. Adding Effects and Finishing
10. Delivering Masters for Web, DVD, and More
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.