Join Steve Holyhead for an in-depth discussion in this video Customizing user settings and keyboard layout, part of Migrating from Final Cut Pro 7 to Avid Media Composer 5.5.
Command+3, Command+3, Command+3.…I said it three times because I want you to remember Command+3.…This is the keystroke that brings up the Command palette in Media Composer, and…once we have the Command palette open, there are three ways to use it--and it's…very similar to the button list found under the Tools menu in FCP.…First though, let's go to the 03_02 subfolder.…Inside there we have bin called customizing_MC. A single click will open that up.…Now load one of the GOPRO clips into the Source viewer and double-click on the…sequence called roadtrip_stress_test.…
Now, I am going to use that keyboard shortcut, Command+3, and there we have…the Command palette.…Before we start having fun with this, let me draw your attention to the bottom panel here.…As I said, there are three ways to use the Command palette, Button to Button…Reassignment, Menu to Button Reassignment, and Active Palette.…Let's start with Active Palette.…This makes the entire Command palette the hugest and most comprehensive…toolbar you've ever seen.…
- Working with clips, bins, folders and the project window
- Customizing user settings and keyboard layout
- Importing video, audio, and graphics
- Accessing clips from other projects
- Comparing backup structure
- Organizing media and project assets
- Understanding media resolution and locations
- Editing in the timeline
- Mixing audio
- Compositing with keyframes
- Creating titles
- Color correcting footage
- Preparing and outputting master sequences
Skill Level Beginner
1. Comparing Interface and Application Basics
2. Understanding Media, Projects, and Levels of Organization
Comparing backup structure9m 51s
3. Taking Control of Media Composer
4. Linking, Importing, and Managing Media
5. Organizing, Viewing, Logging, and Searching
6. Understanding the Basics of Editing
7. Editing in the Timeline
8. Understanding Audio
9. Adding Effects and Finishing
10. Delivering Masters for Web, DVD, and More
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.