Join Steve Holyhead for an in-depth discussion in this video Customizing the Bin and Timeline views, part of Migrating from Final Cut Pro 7 to Avid Media Composer 5.5.
So far, we've been looking at ways to manage the main windows in the Media…Composer environment.…Now let's dive in a little bit more and look at how to actually customize the…Timeline view and also the Bin view.…I have a Bin called example_clips_sequences.…Single-click on that.…It opens up in the SuperBin.…Let's load up the sequence and one of our clips here, so that we've got some material…for context as we look through the interface.…So the first thing we're going to look at is the Bin.…At the moment, I'm on the Brief tab.…
We've also looked at Frame view and Script view in the course so far.…Let's go to Text view.…Here what I'd like to point out is that we can have multiple different…columns of textual data.…From the bottom of the Bin, I can use this dropdown here to access some of…the pre-made layouts--…for example, for Capture and for Format.…And in many cases I'm now going to be able to see all of the columns, so what…I'm going to do now is I'm just going to take my Bin and drag it out, so I can…
- Working with clips, bins, folders and the project window
- Customizing user settings and keyboard layout
- Importing video, audio, and graphics
- Accessing clips from other projects
- Comparing backup structure
- Organizing media and project assets
- Understanding media resolution and locations
- Editing in the timeline
- Mixing audio
- Compositing with keyframes
- Creating titles
- Color correcting footage
- Preparing and outputting master sequences
Skill Level Beginner
1. Comparing Interface and Application Basics
2. Understanding Media, Projects, and Levels of Organization
Comparing backup structure9m 51s
3. Taking Control of Media Composer
4. Linking, Importing, and Managing Media
5. Organizing, Viewing, Logging, and Searching
6. Understanding the Basics of Editing
7. Editing in the Timeline
8. Understanding Audio
9. Adding Effects and Finishing
10. Delivering Masters for Web, DVD, and More
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.