Once your basic color correction is done to a clip, you can go back and stylize it with secondary corrections. What are some ways you can use secondary color corrections? Author Nick Harauz shows how to select a specific color in your image and only make an adjustment to that color or all the colors minus the one you selected in Final Cut Pro X.
- Final Cut Pro 10 allows us…to select a specific color in our image…and only make an adjustment to that color,…or all the colors minus the one you selected.…Let's see a few different ways…we can select a specific color in our shot.…So here I am in my Chapter 4.2 project,…and let's basically perform a color correction…using a color mask effect.…So what I'm going to do is press C…to select a clip in my timeline,…press Cmd + 6 to go to the Color Inspector,…and let's add a Color Wheels adjustment.…
What I'd like to do, though,…is limit this Color Wheels adjustment,…right off the bat,…to only affecting the area here of the catcher's uniform.…So, to do that right off the bat,…I'm going to come over here and Add a Color Mask.…So your two mask options, Add Shape Mask,…Add Color Mask, are right here.…I'll add the eyedropper, and I'm just going to click…to try to sample here, his baseball uniform,…and the predominantly red color.…
I will do that again just up here,…in a region where I didn't see…some of the colors shine through,…
Note: This version covers the October 2018 update to Final Cut Pro X, including new features such as the comparison view, auditions, compound clips, Photoshop LUTs, exporting to Resolve, and more.
- Using and customizing a color correction workspace
- Making basic corrections
- Previewing adjustments with auditions
- Fixing white balance
- Color matching shots
- Adjusting curves
- Creating a secondary color selection
- Combining shape and color masks
- Applying creative looks with color correction presets
- Creating lookup tables (LUTs) in Photoshop
- Applying filmic looks and effects
- Working with HDR video
Skill Level Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X v10.1.x: Effective Storytellingwith Diana Weynand3h 53m Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Creating Speed Changeswith Jeff I. Greenberg44m 57s Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Online OfflIne Workflowswith Jeff I. Greenberg49m 30s Intermediate
1. Evaluating and Adjusting Images
2. Making Basic Corrections
3. Working with Curves
Adjusting curves7m 51s
4. Making Secondary Corrections
5. Making Creative Corrections
6. Working with Raw Video
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.