Join Nick Harauz for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a Compressor preset with timecode, part of Final Cut Pro X 10.4.4 Essential Training 2018.
- [Instructor] In this movie, we're going to take a look…at creating a custom Compressor setting…for use in both Compressor and Final Cut Pro X.…I've got my Chapter 14 Compressor Project open,…the only project we're using in this chapter.…And with it selected in the timeline,…I'm going to send this to Compressor…by going to file, send to Compressor.…If you're just following along right now,…you'll see that the Compressor project…was loaded here in the middle,…we can see it's selected right here.…And if you followed me through the movie…where we went through the Compressor interface,…you'll know that the settings and the presets…that we have available are listed…here on the left-hand side.…
What I like to do is take an existing setting,…and then we're going to tweak it…and customize it for future use.…Under the Video Sharing Services,…we're going to do that to the HD 720p setting.…And to make a duplicate copy of this,…we're just going to go to the gear icon,…and choose duplicate.…We'll see here that under custom settings…
- Ingesting and organizing your assets
- Editing and refining footage
- Using the trim tools
- Transforming clips with fades, cropping, and more
- Changing the speed of clips
- Basic audio editing
- Multicam editing
- Working with effects, titles, and graphics
- Basic color correction
- Project and media management
- Sharing and exporting
- Integrating Apple Motion and Compressor
Skill Level Beginner
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Titles and Effectswith Nick Harauz4h 22m Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Web Video with Graphicswith Nick Harauz3h 16m Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Creating Speed Changeswith Jeff I. Greenberg44m 57s Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Color Correction (Q2 2018)with Nick Harauz2h 54m Intermediate
1. Getting to Know the Editing Environment
2. Ingesting Assets
3. Organizing Assets
4. Basic Editing: Laying the Foundation
5. Refining the Edit Using the Trim Tools
6. Working with Speed and Transforming Clips
7. Basic Audio Editing
8. Multicam Editing and 360 Video
9. Working with Effects
10. Working with Titles and Graphics
11. Basic Color Correction
12. Project and Media Management
13. Sharing and Exporting
14. Five Things to Know About Compressor
15. Five Things to Know About Motion
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.