Join Nick Harauz for an in-depth discussion in this video Create closed captions, part of Final Cut Pro X Guru: New Features.
- [Instructor] In Final Cut Pro 10.4.1,…not only do you have the ability to import captions,…but you also have the ability to create them from scratch.…In order to do so, I have a project opened up…and a clip in my timeline.…What I'm going to do is make my playhead a little bit later,…and in order to create some captions from scratch,…head to the Edit menu,…scroll all the way down to Captions,…and I'll add a caption to my project.…Once I do,…I can see that the formats…that I have to choose from are few.…
I have ITT English, which is iTunes compatible,…as well as the CEA 608 format English.…If this is the first time that you're entering a caption,…you'll need to create this in the caption roles.…To do so, head to Edit Roles,…and by simply adding a caption role in the required format,…such as CEA 608,…you can choose to have…a compatible caption…for both broadcast as well as YouTube and Vimeo,…and choose from a number of various languages,…such as the French language.…
Once you add a caption, or a new caption role,…
- HEVC support
- HDR support
- Color correction
- Color Wheels and Color Curves
- Creating 360-degree video projects
- Virtual reality effects and titles
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/17/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: Camera RAW support and importing, creating, and exporting closed captions.
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Creating Speed Changeswith Jeff I. Greenberg44m 57s Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Blending Mode Secretswith Jeff I. Greenberg1h 17m Intermediate
1. Workflow Improvements
2. Color Workflow Additions
3. Virtual Reality Improvements
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.