Want to easily copy and paste color correction effects onto other clips in your timeline. You can in Apple Final Cut Pro X. In this video, author Nick Harauz demonstrates how to copy the color attributes of one clip onto another and the implications that has when you past color attributes to a clip that already has color correction applied to it.
- We can easily copy and paste color correction…effects onto other clips in our timeline.…In this movie, let's copy the color attributes…of one clip onto another.…Finally, we'll save a couple of color effects…for later use.…So I'm here in my Chapter 2.6 projects,…and to draw your attention, here,…to the last clip, just to show you that there was…a color curves effect added to this clip.…I'll just turn it off and on, alright.…It is a very stylistic based effect.…
But what we'd like to do is just copy…it to the remaining three clips, here,…in the timeline to kind of give an overall look.…So, one way of achieving that is to first of all…copy the clip, by pressing Command+C.…Or we could always go the the Edit menu…and choose Edit, Copy.…I'll select the remaining clips.…And the trick here is to go to the Edit menu,…and choose to Paste Attributes…onto these other clips.…Final Cut gives you a ton of options of which…attributes to copy over.…
Anything or any adjustment you made on the clip…would show up here in the Video Attributes tab.…
Note: This version covers the October 2018 update to Final Cut Pro X, including new features such as the comparison view, auditions, compound clips, Photoshop LUTs, exporting to Resolve, and more.
- Using and customizing a color correction workspace
- Making basic corrections
- Previewing adjustments with auditions
- Fixing white balance
- Color matching shots
- Adjusting curves
- Creating a secondary color selection
- Combining shape and color masks
- Applying creative looks with color correction presets
- Creating lookup tables (LUTs) in Photoshop
- Applying filmic looks and effects
- Working with HDR video
Skill Level Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Online OfflIne Workflowswith Jeff I. Greenberg49m 30s Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Creating Speed Changeswith Jeff I. Greenberg44m 57s Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X v10.1.x: Effective Storytellingwith Diana Weynand3h 53m Intermediate
1. Evaluating and Adjusting Images
2. Making Basic Corrections
3. Working with Curves
Adjusting curves7m 51s
4. Making Secondary Corrections
5. Making Creative Corrections
6. Working with Raw Video
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.