Join Steve Holyhead for an in-depth discussion in this video Consolidating, part of Migrating from Final Cut Pro 7 to Avid Media Composer 5.5.
Knowing how to get clips into your project and how to delete media is only…one part of the skillset that you'll need to master in order to manage your media properly.…So here we are going to look at how to accomplish various different media-…management tasks that are useful throughout the life cycle of a Media Composer project.…First, at the input stage, when using AMA-linkable media from popular file-…based cameras or multimedia files, you'll have the choice of editing with the…AMA-linked clips or creating a copy of those clips to work with.…
If we go back to the 04_01 subfolder and open up the AMA bin, we have our…hummingbirds clip that we AMAed to earlier, the P2 material.…You can tell that it's an AMA-linked clip because when it's unselected in the…bin, it's bright yellow.…So with AMA-linked media, if I right- click on the clip, I get two very important…choices in the menu here: Consolidates/Transcode.…Choose that choice and up comes the dialog box.…Consolidates creates a copy of the file in the Avid Media Files folder specified.…
- Working with clips, bins, folders and the project window
- Customizing user settings and keyboard layout
- Importing video, audio, and graphics
- Accessing clips from other projects
- Comparing backup structure
- Organizing media and project assets
- Understanding media resolution and locations
- Editing in the timeline
- Mixing audio
- Compositing with keyframes
- Creating titles
- Color correcting footage
- Preparing and outputting master sequences
Skill Level Beginner
1. Comparing Interface and Application Basics
2. Understanding Media, Projects, and Levels of Organization
Comparing backup structure9m 51s
3. Taking Control of Media Composer
4. Linking, Importing, and Managing Media
5. Organizing, Viewing, Logging, and Searching
6. Understanding the Basics of Editing
7. Editing in the Timeline
8. Understanding Audio
9. Adding Effects and Finishing
10. Delivering Masters for Web, DVD, and More
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.