With the 2017 release of the iMac Pro comes the ability to work with a head-mounted display right inside of Apple Final Cut Pro X for editing 360 and VR video. How do you configure and edit with a head-mounted display? In this video, Nick Harauz walks you through how to configure and work with a head-mounted display as you edit in Final Cut.
- With the release of the new iMac Pro…comes the ability to work with a head-mounted display…right inside of Final Cut Pro 10 for editing 360 video.…Let's see how we configure and HTC Vive headset,…with the help of SteamVR, so that we can see our 360 footage…from the timeline directly inside the headset.…So before we begin to work with the head-mounted display…inside of Final Cut Pro 10, there's a few things…we want to keep in mind.…One is that we need a Mac-ready system…in order to work with Final Cut Pro 10…and a head-mounted display.…
And as of the recording of this movie,…the iMac Pro is the only capable system…of working with a head-mounted display.…In this movie, I am using an HTC Vive.…In order for that HTC Vive…to communicate with Final Cut Pro 10,…I've downloaded a companion application called "Steam".…So inside of Steam, which is primarily used…as a gaming engine for VR, is something called "SteamVR",…which is its sort of own 360 video player.…And it's that 360 video player inside of Steam…that's going to communicate with Final Cut Pro 10.…
- HEVC support
- HDR support
- Color correction
- Color Wheels and Color Curves
- Creating 360-degree video projects
- Virtual reality effects and titles
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/17/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: Camera RAW support and importing, creating, and exporting closed captions.
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Blending Mode Secretswith Jeff I. Greenberg1h 17m Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Creating Speed Changeswith Jeff I. Greenberg44m 57s Intermediate
1. Workflow Improvements
2. Color Workflow Additions
3. Virtual Reality Improvements
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.