Join Ashley Kennedy for an in-depth discussion in this video Compositing layers within the spot, part of Final Cut Pro X v10.1.x: Commercial Editing Techniques.
- One additional thing I'd like to explore…is some very light compositing, which means that…we will be layering some video.…I think I'd like to play just a bit…with some superimpositions, I'm going to go into…my prelayer sequence here, one interesting thing…I thought we could explore would be…to simultaneously show an image of some of these…athletic activities from multiple shot angles.…Let's take a look at where the strategy…might best be implemented, I'm thinking that we could…perhaps do this three times, within each of…the hero segments and in this first segment,…I was thinking that perhaps we could explore…a close up of the soccer ball coming straight at the camera…over a couple of these shots here.…
I'm just gonna go and click on…my soccer keyword collection here and I have a couple…of favorites, I'm going to just select favorites here…and that's okay, but not quite the angle I was looking for,…that's pretty good and that one,…I think that would be great, I'm going to mark an in…and an out right before the camera bobbles here…
Note: This course was updated to reflect the changes to Final Cut Pro X v. 10.1.x. Although the course was not re-recorded from scratch, we updated the applicable movies by adding text overlays to guide you through existing changes. We also updated the exercise files to work with the most current version of the software. Please watch the "Understanding this update and using the exercise files" movie to learn exactly what to expect from this updated course. Working with an earlier version of Final Cut Pro X? Watch Commercial Editing Techniques with Final Cut Pro X v10.0.9.
- What is commercial editing?
- Understanding the product's audience and intent
- Marking the best shots
- Laying out the visual structure
- Building an audio foundation
- Manipulating speed
- Adding transition effects
- Adding graphics, music, and voice-over
- Delivering the project and receiving feedback