- What is commercial editing?
- Understanding the product's audience and intent
- Marking the best shots
- Laying out the visual structure
- Building an audio foundation
- Manipulating speed
- Adding transition effects
- Adding graphics, music, and voice-over
- Delivering the project and receiving feedback
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Ashley Kennedy. Welcome to Commercial Editing with Final Cut Pro X. In this course, we'll be taking a project-based approach to cutting a commercial, from concept to creation. We'll begin by taking a look at pre-visualization materials to get a strong sense for brand, audience, and intent. Then, we'll take a close look at our project assets and begin organizing them for practical and easy access. We'll start building the spot by creating the base audio foundation and then design a solid visual structure.
We'll then have fun by fleshing out the main content of the commercial, designing creative montage segments with plenty of flair, but always connected to our central brand messages. We'll also take a look at adding some creative effects and finish by bringing everything full circle to deliver a polished product to the client. So let's have fun as we begin to take a look at the many exciting possibilities in cutting a commercial in Final Cut Pro X.