Join Steve Holyhead for an in-depth discussion in this video Combining trim tools, part of Migrating from Final Cut Pro 7 to Avid Media Composer 5.5.
So far then, we have done everything using the Ripple Trim button. What happens…when we start to use the Overwrite Trim button?…Well, let's toggle Ripple Trim off and toggle Overwrite Trim on.…Let's look at this little transition moment here in the sequence.…(Female speaker: When I was just in elementary school. There's this weird--)…Now let's say we wanted to try to pause there after 'elementary school' and a…bit of a fade-down in the sequence, and then come back into interview clip 3 after a pause.…
Then in that case what I could do is I could click down on the left-hand side of my transition--…notice I can also bring up the dual rollers in this mode too--but click on…the left-hand side of my transition point, like so.…Now when I click down and drag back, notice that I'm actually adding black into the sequence…instead. I am overwriting black into the sequence.…In fact, I have removed frames from the outgoing side now, but I have managed to…open up a black gap in my sequence.…
So, in actual fact, I probably now need to use Overwrite Trim and Ripple Trim in…
- Working with clips, bins, folders and the project window
- Customizing user settings and keyboard layout
- Importing video, audio, and graphics
- Accessing clips from other projects
- Comparing backup structure
- Organizing media and project assets
- Understanding media resolution and locations
- Editing in the timeline
- Mixing audio
- Compositing with keyframes
- Creating titles
- Color correcting footage
- Preparing and outputting master sequences
Skill Level Beginner
1. Comparing Interface and Application Basics
2. Understanding Media, Projects, and Levels of Organization
Comparing backup structure9m 51s
3. Taking Control of Media Composer
4. Linking, Importing, and Managing Media
5. Organizing, Viewing, Logging, and Searching
6. Understanding the Basics of Editing
7. Editing in the Timeline
8. Understanding Audio
9. Adding Effects and Finishing
10. Delivering Masters for Web, DVD, and More
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.