The Color Inspector inside of Apple Final Cut Pro X allows you to work with color in a brand new way. It allows access to the properties of the color board and many different types of curves. In this video, Nick Harauz walks you through the different color correction shortcuts you need to know in Final Cut Pro X.
- [Instructor] In the last movie we saw…some of the new color correction features…by going to the color inspector…and seeing how we could add other color wheels,…color curves, or hue and saturation curves…to our image.…With all of these new color correction features…comes a plethora of keyboard shortcuts…that we can use to optimize our color correction workflow…inside of Final Cut.…Now, to see some of these features,…I'm actually going to head to he Final Cut Pro commands…and choose to customize them.…
Right in here you can see I'm on my default…Final Cut Pro 10 keyboard…and we're going to just do a quick little search…here at the top for color.…And once I do, a series of color correction commands…are displayed here in the bottom center…and some of those controls that you saw earlier,…such as…the ability in the color inspector to add a curves effect,…a color wheels effect,…a color hue and saturation effect…are able to be mapped to keyboard shortcuts,…and that's exactly what I'd like to do…with some of these first controls.…
- HEVC support
- HDR support
- Color correction
- Color Wheels and Color Curves
- Creating 360-degree video projects
- Virtual reality effects and titles
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/17/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: Camera RAW support and importing, creating, and exporting closed captions.
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Creating Speed Changeswith Jeff I. Greenberg44m 57s Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Blending Mode Secretswith Jeff I. Greenberg1h 17m Intermediate
1. Workflow Improvements
2. Color Workflow Additions
3. Virtual Reality Improvements
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.