The Color Inspector inside of Apple Final Cut Pro X allows you to work with color in a brand new way. It allows access to the properties of the color board and many different types of curves. In this video, Nick Harauz walks you through how to use the Color Wheels found in the Color Inspector in Final Cut Pro X.
- [Instructor] In this movie we're going to…take a look at working with color wheels…in Final Cut Pro 10.4.…So I'm over the second clip in my timeline,…I want to press c to select it.…And this time I just want to show you…unlike the previous movies, one thing that we…didn't focus on was the Effect browser.…What we saw in the Color Inspector…is also available under the Color category…inside of Final Cut.…Now I'm going to search for HDR,…I'm just going to clear that…so we can see that the color board,…the color curves or color wheels…as well as the hue saturation curves…are all available under this menu.…
Now we're going to apply the color wheels effect.…And since I use this so often,…rather than have the color board as the default effect,…which I can then apply with a keyboard shortcut,…I'm going to do that instead…with the color wheels effect.…So just notice I'm just going to right click this effect…and choose to make this as the default effect.…Now, under the Final Cut Pro Edit menu,…if I press option E,…notice that it will add the color wheels.…
- HEVC support
- HDR support
- Color correction
- Color Wheels and Color Curves
- Creating 360-degree video projects
- Virtual reality effects and titles
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/17/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: Camera RAW support and importing, creating, and exporting closed captions.
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Blending Mode Secretswith Jeff I. Greenberg1h 17m Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Creating Speed Changeswith Jeff I. Greenberg44m 57s Intermediate
1. Workflow Improvements
2. Color Workflow Additions
3. Virtual Reality Improvements
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.