The Color Inspector inside of Apple Final Cut Pro X allows you to work with color in a brand new way. It allows access to the properties of the color board and many different types of curves. In this video, Nick Harauz walks you through how to use the Color Curves found in the Color Inspector in Final Cut Pro X.
- [Narrator] Besides the addition of color wheels…in Final Cut Pro 10.4, we've also got the addition…of color curves.…To show color curves, in this particular example I'm…on the field clip here in the timeline.…I pressed C to select it, and as we've seen…in a previous movie, we can press command six to go…to our color inspector.…Currently on this clip, no corrections have been applied.…If I click there arrow here,…I'm going to apply a color curve selection.…The default view for this is actually set to all curves…which display the curves, the luma, the red, the green,…and the blue curves from top to bottom.…
But of course we can go to our view menu…and choose single curves, which will show this…as a pane-based system, where we can click on each…of the panes and work with our individual curves.…If you come from a photo editing background,…you might be used to RGB curves,…and in Final Cut these curves are flexible.…So, by default the red, green, and blue curves…are set to red, green, and blue,…but we can actually change them into another color,…
- HEVC support
- HDR support
- Color correction
- Color Wheels and Color Curves
- Creating 360-degree video projects
- Virtual reality effects and titles
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/17/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: Camera RAW support and importing, creating, and exporting closed captions.
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Blending Mode Secretswith Jeff I. Greenberg1h 17m Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Creating Speed Changeswith Jeff I. Greenberg44m 57s Intermediate
1. Workflow Improvements
2. Color Workflow Additions
3. Virtual Reality Improvements
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.