Join Diana Weynand for an in-depth discussion in this video Changing pitch in a temporary narration track to identify different characters, part of Effective Storytelling with Final Cut Pro X v10.0.9.
Now that you have written text for a narrator, or have a he-said she-said…dialog underway;…you could start to get a feel for how your script might be working.…It's just a shame that the actors couldn't come and deliver the…lines themselves.…Oh well maybe next time, or maybe you can apply a Final Cut Pro audio effect to…change the pitch of your own recording and make it seem more like a true he-said…she-said dialog, or a narrator speaking.…In the Project Library let's open the He Said-She Said project.…
This is the familiar project that you have been creating with the text on…either side.…The text is already recorded, so let's listen.…(Audio Playing) Where's the money?…Don't worry. It's safe.…Now wait just a minute.…No you wait. I'm running this show.…So that's the script that we are going to be working with.…And in this particular script there are two male sounding voices, or that's the…idea anyway, the intent; this first one and the third one.…
And then the female speaks in the second and the fourth.…
- Identifying story elements
- Finding the essence of a story
- Importing folders and stills as keyword collections
- Using keywords to make clips accessible
- Prepping clips for editing
- Developing story diversity
- Sculpting the story within the timeline
- Fine-tuning edits
- Organizing separate story segments into independent storylines
- Recording a narration track
- Adding sound effects
- Applying effects to enhance story elements
- Adding freeze frames
Skill Level Intermediate
Premiere Pro CS5.5 New Featureswith David Basulto27m 11s Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X: Color Correctionwith Robbie Carman2h 40m Beginner
1. Defining Your Story
2. Gathering Story Elements
3. Organizing Story Elements
4. Building a Primary Storyline
5. Refining the Story
6. Previsualizing in Final Cut to Help Write Your Story
7. Embellishing Your Story
8. Moving the Story Along
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.