Join Simon Walker for an in-depth discussion in this video Changing colors to match the mood of the story, part of The Art of Color Correction: Color Grading for Locations and Times of Day.
- View Offline
Different locations have different lighting and different color aspects that…can help us distinguish between them. And the interior decoration of different…rooms and the different materials found inside them, also help the viewer to…visually identify that location. But most interestingly, we can manipulate…the audience's expectations by changing those colors in post production, and also…changing the mood in the story that's being portrayed in the scene.…
Simon works with Adobe Premiere Pro and the Magic Bullet Colorista II and Looks plugins, but these lessons can be applied to any color correction workflow.
- How our eyes see color
- What colors tell the audience
- Making sure color is consistent
- Applying adjustments in the correct order
- Understanding how warm and cool colors frame emotion differently
- Isolating and adjusting skies
- Changing the time of day with color
- Designing interiors like an office, a hospital, or an interrogation room
- Creating fake depth of field