Join Ashley Kennedy for an in-depth discussion in this video Building the audio foundation for the spot, part of Final Cut Pro X v10.1.x: Commercial Editing Techniques.
- Once you've organized and identified…your best visual material, it's time to start…laying the audio foundation for your spot.…Then, you can later work on fitting…the visual pieces together to best match…with the bed of audio that you've created.…We're in our project now on the media drive.…We're no longer on the demo drive.…From this point on, you're free…to follow along with the exercise files.…Notice that in this project, there are several elements…you recognize, like the B roll…and the Temporary Music and Voiceover,…and there's some other things that you probably…don't recognize, but don't worry about that,…we'll get to that, just don't touch them for now.…
Let's first talk about music.…Now our commercial is gonna be a montage,…which is a collection of images that will be…very motivated by the rhythm and tempo of the music.…Now the thing is, we don't actually have…our final music yet, however, what we do have…is this 30-second spot that we've selected…with the client from a stock music library.…Later, a professional musician will score…
Note: This course was updated to reflect the changes to Final Cut Pro X v. 10.1.x. Although the course was not re-recorded from scratch, we updated the applicable movies by adding text overlays to guide you through existing changes. We also updated the exercise files to work with the most current version of the software. Please watch the "Understanding this update and using the exercise files" movie to learn exactly what to expect from this updated course. Working with an earlier version of Final Cut Pro X? Watch Commercial Editing Techniques with Final Cut Pro X v10.0.9.
- What is commercial editing?
- Understanding the product's audience and intent
- Marking the best shots
- Laying out the visual structure
- Building an audio foundation
- Manipulating speed
- Adding transition effects
- Adding graphics, music, and voice-over
- Delivering the project and receiving feedback