- One of the most important things to be very aware of…during the process of making a commercial…is the product message, audience, and intent.…This unique information, which essentially identifies…one seller's good or service as distinct from others,…is called branding.…As an editor, it's very important to take the time…to understand why the product you're working on…is unique in the marketplace.…Often when you're approached to make a commercial,…the brand of the product has already been largely designed,…and it's just your job to communicate it.…
This certainly isn't always the case.…Sometimes you'll need to help craft…branding information as well.…However, in the case of this commercial,…we've got quite a lot of brand information…provided by the client in the form of a style book.…Let's go over that now.…So, this sports drink, H+Sport,…caters to a specific market.…Let's first take a look at what H+Sport is.…As you can see here, H+Sport is an electrolyte-based…sports drink that replaces important nutrients…and rehydrates fluids lost during intense activity.…
Note: This course was updated to reflect the changes to Final Cut Pro X v. 10.1.x. Although the course was not re-recorded from scratch, we updated the applicable movies by adding text overlays to guide you through existing changes. We also updated the exercise files to work with the most current version of the software. Please watch the "Understanding this update and using the exercise files" movie to learn exactly what to expect from this updated course. Working with an earlier version of Final Cut Pro X? Watch Commercial Editing Techniques with Final Cut Pro X v10.0.9.
- What is commercial editing?
- Understanding the product's audience and intent
- Marking the best shots
- Laying out the visual structure
- Building an audio foundation
- Manipulating speed
- Adding transition effects
- Adding graphics, music, and voice-over
- Delivering the project and receiving feedback