Join Nick Harauz for an in-depth discussion in this video Benefits of mulitcamera, part of Final Cut Pro X Guru: Multicamera Video Editing.
- View Offline
- Multicamera shoots are more and more common…in production workflows.…Some of the reasons include,…the costs of cameras going down,…along with the cost of tapeless based recorders.…Non-linear editing systems also come equipped…with multicamera workflows to suit your production needs.…Final Cut Pro X is no different.…One of the benefits of multicamera production…is that it saves time in the edit suite.…By shooting multiple takes simultaneously,…less continuity errors will occur.…
You can also capture more…with additional angles being recorded.…Regardless of how you decide to work with…your footage, having a good organization strategy…ahead of time is key.…This will allow you to easily sync…multicamera clips together,…as well as identify footage that comes from…the same angle, but were recorded separately.…Final Cut Pro X is built to handle all these situations.…
So join Nick Harauz in this course as he covers organizing media, creating multicam clips for interview and music video-style projects, and working with the specialized multicam options in Final Cut Pro X. With these tips and tricks, you'll be able to pull together your multicam footage into dynamic videos that maximize the impact of every shot.
- Explaining the multicamera process
- The benefits of optimized or proxy media in a multicam edit
- Importing, organizing, and naming clips and angles
- Exploring the various syncing strategies
- Working with the Angle Viewer and Angle Editor
- Adding, cutting, and switching between angles
- Working with effects
- Exporting a multicam project