Join Frank Rohmer for an in-depth discussion in this video Auto Sequence setup, part of Photography Video Workflow: Final Cut Pro + Canon 5D Mark II.
This next lesson is one of my favorites to show new editors because it really…shows off the power of Final Cut Pro, yet it's very simple technique. As a…matter of fact, I call this technique, Auto Sequence Setup and what this…technique will do is it will automatically match my sequence settings to the…video that I originally captured using my Canon 5D Mark II. And what you are…about see is something unfortunately that's a little bit common, and once you…understand what it is, you will be able to deal with it and fix it and more…importantly you will understand it. So here we go.…
I am going to take one of my clips and load it into the Viewer which I have…already done. You can see the clip over here in the Viewer and I am going to…drop it down onto a blank sequence; this is important that you do this for the…very first time with a empty sequence.…So I get this message that says, Attention! This clip does not match the…sequence's settings or any of your sequence presets. This is only going to…
Photography Video Workflow: Final Cut Pro + Canon 5D Mark II was created and produced by Frank Rohmer. We are honored to host his material in the lynda.com library.
- Preparing system hardware for editing HD footage
- Creating a Canon 5D Mark II project preset for HD video
- Transferring and importing Canon HD video files into Final Cut Pro
- Editing with three-point edits, drag and drop, and automated techniques
- Understanding transitions and filters for HD video
- Converting non-drop frame to drop frame for broadcasting
- Finishing a project out to DVD, Windows Media, Flash, or QuickTime