Note: This course was updated to reflect the changes to Final Cut Pro X v. 10.1.x. Although the course was not re-recorded from scratch, we updated the applicable movies by adding text overlays to guide you to existing changes. We also updated the exercise files to work with the most current version of the software. Please watch the "Using the exercise files" movie to learn exactly what to expect from this updated course. Working with an earlier version of Final Cut Pro X? Watch Audio Post Workflow with Final Cut Pro X v10.0.9 and Pro Tools.
- Preparing the Final Cut Pro timeline for export
- Exporting audio
- Importing audio in Pro Tools
- Choosing sources and assigning tracks
- Adding sound effects and music
- Enhancing the audio with crossfades and noise reduction
- Exporting audio from Pro Tools
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Welcome to Audio Post Workflow with Final Cut Pro X and Pro Tools. In this course we'll learn about unique Workflow design to help finish and optimize the audio of your Final Cut Pro video project. I'll show you the inns and outs of preparing and transferring the audio tracks of your Final Cut Pro X sequence to Pro Tools. Once there we'll go over some basics to get you started on optimizing, editing, and completing your audio mix. (music playing) - [Voiceover] My name is B D Dout. - [Voiceover] When we're finished in Pro Tools we'll complete the trip and re-import back to Final Cut Pro to finish.
By the time we're done you'll gain some great insight on a Workflow that will enhance the quality of your project. Plus, this Workflow is the same one used by professional audio and video post houses, so you'll be primed and ready to take your project to any level your heart desires. Let's get started.