Join Frank Rohmer for an in-depth discussion in this video Assembling clips, part of Photography Video Workflow: Final Cut Pro + Canon 5D Mark II.
- View Offline
So once you are done photographing and videotaping with your Canon 5D Mark II,…what would be your next step? Well, if it was to edit the high definition…footage, wouldn't you want to bring it in to Final Cut Pro, and begin the…assemble process of putting down the clips here in the sequence to build your…movie? That would be the next step and that's what this lesson is all about.…We need to start you on the proper path that begins that building process. So…here is what I would like you to do. I would like you to create a new Final Cut…Pro project that utilizes the Canon 5D Mark II Preset Technique, that I showed…you in a different lesson, and that will guarantee that Final Cut Pro is…properly setup for those high definition video files that came from your Canon 5D Mark II.…
Now once you have done that, once you have set up your project, I would like…you to Click on the Browser to activate it, and let's import all the stuff we…are going to use. In fact, we are going to not only bring in high definition…
Photography Video Workflow: Final Cut Pro + Canon 5D Mark II was created and produced by Frank Rohmer. We are honored to host his material in the lynda.com library.
- Preparing system hardware for editing HD footage
- Creating a Canon 5D Mark II project preset for HD video
- Transferring and importing Canon HD video files into Final Cut Pro
- Editing with three-point edits, drag and drop, and automated techniques
- Understanding transitions and filters for HD video
- Converting non-drop frame to drop frame for broadcasting
- Finishing a project out to DVD, Windows Media, Flash, or QuickTime