- View Offline
Simon works with Adobe Premiere Pro and the Magic Bullet Colorista II and Looks plugins, but these lessons can be applied to any color correction workflow.
- How our eyes see color
- What colors tell the audience
- Making sure color is consistent
- Applying adjustments in the correct order
- Understanding how warm and cool colors frame emotion differently
- Isolating and adjusting skies
- Changing the time of day with color
- Designing interiors like an office, a hospital, or an interrogation room
- Creating fake depth of field
Skill Level Appropriate for all
- [Simon] Hi there I'm Simon Walker and welcome to the art of color correction color grading for locations and times of day. In this course we'll look at color corrections and grades for different locations ranging from interior spaces to outside landscapes with the emphasis on lighting, light source, and color. We'll begin with locations, looking at how you can use simple color adjustments to move a shot from its original location to a different place entirely as well as stylizing shots to emphasize a mood.
Next we'll see how footage shot during one time of the day can be made to look like another time altogether. We'll even take a look at the famous day for night technique to make daytime footage look like it was shot at night. Different interior locations can hold great significance in a story so we'll see how to make footage take on the mood of certain types of rooms including offices, bedrooms, and hospitals. We'll finish by looking at how to simulate a popular camera technique narrow depth of field using color grading tools.
This simulated depth of field can help draw a viewers eye to specific parts of an image. During this course I'll be using Adobe Premiere Pro with Red Giant's popular grading plugins Magic Bullet Looks and Colorista to demonstrate these techniques but many of them are generic color corrections which can be achieved using a wide range of different software applications. So it doesn't matter if you haven't got these programs you can still watch the course, learn from the techniques I'm going to show you, and then apply them to your own work.
So lets get started with locations and times of day.
Sign up for a Premium Membership to download courses for Internet-free viewing.
Watch offline with your iOS, Android, or desktop app.Start Your Free Trial
After signing up, download the course here or from the iOS/Android App.