Apple Final Cut Pro X has a number of color correction presets that you can easily apply to clips. How do you add a creative look to a clip with color correction presets? In this video, join author Nick Harauz as he explores a few of the creative look presets available under the color correction effect in Final Cut Pro X.
- Final Cut Pro X has a number…of color correction presets…we can easily apply to clips.…Let's explore a few of the ones available…under the Effects browser.…So I'm here in my Chapter 5.1 project,…which I found in my Chapter 5 folder,…under my Project Events.…I double click to open that.…And we're going to see some different color presets…that we can apply to clips in Final Cut Pro X.…So if we head to our Effects browser,…I want you to navigate to the Color Presets section.…
And these happen to be actually color presets…that were used using one of the Color Effects…in the Color Inspector.…And it just automatically applies a look to your clip.…So notice here if I wanted a high-contrast shot,…I can select this Effect and drag it onto the clip.…And this was done with the Color Board.…In fact, the majority of these Color Presets were.…But if you head to the Color Inspector,…you could take this existing preset…and modify it based on the specifications of your shot.…
So this is a really cool part to explore.…I'm actually going to go back to the Video Inspector…
Note: This version covers the October 2018 update to Final Cut Pro X, including new features such as the comparison view, auditions, compound clips, Photoshop LUTs, exporting to Resolve, and more.
- Using and customizing a color correction workspace
- Making basic corrections
- Previewing adjustments with auditions
- Fixing white balance
- Color matching shots
- Adjusting curves
- Creating a secondary color selection
- Combining shape and color masks
- Applying creative looks with color correction presets
- Creating lookup tables (LUTs) in Photoshop
- Applying filmic looks and effects
- Working with HDR video
Skill Level Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Online OfflIne Workflowswith Jeff I. Greenberg49m 30s Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Creating Speed Changeswith Jeff I. Greenberg44m 57s Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X v10.1.x: Effective Storytellingwith Diana Weynand3h 53m Intermediate
1. Evaluating and Adjusting Images
2. Making Basic Corrections
3. Working with Curves
Adjusting curves7m 51s
4. Making Secondary Corrections
5. Making Creative Corrections
6. Working with Raw Video
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.