In previous versions of Apple Final Cut Pro X, creative corrections were done using the Color Board as this was the only color effect. Version 10.4 introduced curves. In this video, author Nick Harauz walks you through how to create a stylistic look with a curves and hue/saturation curves corrections in Final Cut Pro X.
- Just like color wheels,…our options expand even more for style…if we add our color curves…and hue and saturation curves adjustments to the mix.…Let's make a few stylistic adjustments to some clips…in a project.…I'm here in my Chapter 5.3 project…and I'm looking at the clip in here.…We want to treat, we're going to add a little bit more…of a stylistic vibe.…We're going to really bring up the contrast…and give the idea that a storm is about to come,…and play around with the color of how that storm might feel.…
Let me press C to select the shot.…If I would click Cmd + 6 to go inside my color inspector,…because we're going to be using color curves…and doing saturation curves,…first of all, I'm going to add a color curves effect.…Looking at the Luma wave form,…by the way if you press Cmd + 7,…you can bring up your scopes followed by going…to your wave form Luma here from the scope menu.…Let's increase the contrast in the shot quite a bit.…First of all, I'll bring down my shadows…and I'm going to bring up my highlights quite a bit,…
Note: This version covers the October 2018 update to Final Cut Pro X, including new features such as the comparison view, auditions, compound clips, Photoshop LUTs, exporting to Resolve, and more.
- Using and customizing a color correction workspace
- Making basic corrections
- Previewing adjustments with auditions
- Fixing white balance
- Color matching shots
- Adjusting curves
- Creating a secondary color selection
- Combining shape and color masks
- Applying creative looks with color correction presets
- Creating lookup tables (LUTs) in Photoshop
- Applying filmic looks and effects
- Working with HDR video
Skill Level Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Online OfflIne Workflowswith Jeff I. Greenberg49m 30s Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Creating Speed Changeswith Jeff I. Greenberg44m 57s Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X v10.1.x: Effective Storytellingwith Diana Weynand3h 53m Intermediate
1. Evaluating and Adjusting Images
2. Making Basic Corrections
3. Working with Curves
Adjusting curves7m 51s
4. Making Secondary Corrections
5. Making Creative Corrections
6. Working with Raw Video
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.