Join Nick Harauz for an in-depth discussion in this video Adjusting scale, position, and rotation, part of Final Cut Pro X 10.4.4 Essential Training 2018.
- [Instructor] In this chapter, we're going to start…to look at transforming some of the properties…of our clips, transformations in terms of scale, position,…and rotation, as well as transformations in speed.…I like to think about the properties that we're about…to cover in this chapter as fixed properties,…they kind of come stamped on the clip,…and the ones that we're going to explore in this movie,…chapter six, underscore one, is the project…you're looking for, which you can find…in the chapter six keyword collection,…under your projects events, is we're going to…look at scale, position, and rotation.…
So in the chapter six underscore one project,…on my secondary storyline, about six clips in,…I can see that I have a wide shot,…and there's a lot of cables showing,…I really don't want to be able to see these,…so one solution is to scale this clip up…just a little bit, the way that we're able to do that…is first of all we select a clip in the timeline,…if you're having a problem selecting it in this…particular view, you can always press command equals…
- Ingesting and organizing your assets
- Editing and refining footage
- Using the trim tools
- Transforming clips with fades, cropping, and more
- Changing the speed of clips
- Basic audio editing
- Multicam editing
- Working with effects, titles, and graphics
- Basic color correction
- Project and media management
- Sharing and exporting
- Integrating Apple Motion and Compressor
Skill Level Beginner
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Titles and Effectswith Nick Harauz4h 22m Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Web Video with Graphicswith Nick Harauz3h 16m Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Creating Speed Changeswith Jeff I. Greenberg44m 57s Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Color Correction (Q2 2018)with Nick Harauz2h 54m Intermediate
1. Getting to Know the Editing Environment
2. Ingesting Assets
3. Organizing Assets
4. Basic Editing: Laying the Foundation
5. Refining the Edit Using the Trim Tools
6. Working with Speed and Transforming Clips
7. Basic Audio Editing
8. Multicam Editing and 360 Video
9. Working with Effects
10. Working with Titles and Graphics
11. Basic Color Correction
12. Project and Media Management
13. Sharing and Exporting
14. Five Things to Know About Compressor
15. Five Things to Know About Motion
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.