Saturation can bring out the colors in an image. You can also play with saturation and masks to create creative looks that allow you to focus on a specific object or image. In this video, author Nick Harauz walks you through a few ways to work with saturation in a few clips in Apple Final Cut Pro X.
- Saturation can help bring out the colors in an image.…We can also play with saturation and masks…to create creative looks that allow us…to focus on a specific object.…Let's see a few ways of how we can work with saturation…with clips in our timeline, using…our color correction tools.…So, here I am, in my Chapter 2.3 project,…and in this movie, we're going to take a look…at adjusting saturation in an image.…We're actually going to go through,…on the first clip, here, that you see,…the entire color correction workflow.…
We're going to adjust the tone exposure for the clip.…We're going to make a basic color correction,…then we're going to expand on that saturation…just to get a sense for how this all comes together.…So, I'm going to press Command + Seven.…That's going to reveal my scopes,…and here, in looking at the scope,…I can see that I would like to make…a little bit of an adjustment,…in terms of the brightness values of this clip.…Let's head to the color inspector,…and for this chosen task, I'm going to use the color wheels.…
Note: This version covers the October 2018 update to Final Cut Pro X, including new features such as the comparison view, auditions, compound clips, Photoshop LUTs, exporting to Resolve, and more.
- Using and customizing a color correction workspace
- Making basic corrections
- Previewing adjustments with auditions
- Fixing white balance
- Color matching shots
- Adjusting curves
- Creating a secondary color selection
- Combining shape and color masks
- Applying creative looks with color correction presets
- Creating lookup tables (LUTs) in Photoshop
- Applying filmic looks and effects
- Working with HDR video
Skill Level Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X v10.1.x: Effective Storytellingwith Diana Weynand3h 53m Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Creating Speed Changeswith Jeff I. Greenberg44m 57s Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Online OfflIne Workflowswith Jeff I. Greenberg49m 30s Intermediate
1. Evaluating and Adjusting Images
2. Making Basic Corrections
3. Working with Curves
Adjusting curves7m 51s
4. Making Secondary Corrections
5. Making Creative Corrections
6. Working with Raw Video
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.