If you have ever color corrected stills in a photo editing application, you might feel right at home using Apple Final Cut Pro X’s Color Curves. How do you use curves to color correct video footage? In this video, join author Nick Harauz as he walks you through how to adjust your video clips with curves in Final Cut Pro X.
- In this movie, we're going to take a look at…the color curves correction in a few clips on our timeline…and see how this may be different than the RGB curves…you might be familiar with working in other applications.…So I'm here in my chapter 3.1 project…which you can find in your chapter three folder…of your projects events and we're going to take a look at…working and adjusting our clips with curves…of course in conjunction with our video scope…which we've learned throughout this course.…I'm going to press command seven to pull them up…and I'm going to close down my browser over here…on the left hand side by clicking on that…and right now I am looking at the luma waveform.…
If you're currently not on this,…you can click here on the scope…and change your waveform to luma.…We want to make sure the view is set to that of monochrome…just to strip the image of color…and get an overall sense for how our image is balanced.…So I can see that there's a lack of deep shadows…as well as it's not all the way…or as bright as it can be here in the highlights…
Note: This version covers the October 2018 update to Final Cut Pro X, including new features such as the comparison view, auditions, compound clips, Photoshop LUTs, exporting to Resolve, and more.
- Using and customizing a color correction workspace
- Making basic corrections
- Previewing adjustments with auditions
- Fixing white balance
- Color matching shots
- Adjusting curves
- Creating a secondary color selection
- Combining shape and color masks
- Applying creative looks with color correction presets
- Creating lookup tables (LUTs) in Photoshop
- Applying filmic looks and effects
- Working with HDR video
Skill Level Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Online OfflIne Workflowswith Jeff I. Greenberg49m 30s Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Creating Speed Changeswith Jeff I. Greenberg44m 57s Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X v10.1.x: Effective Storytellingwith Diana Weynand3h 53m Intermediate
1. Evaluating and Adjusting Images
2. Making Basic Corrections
3. Working with Curves
Adjusting curves7m 51s
4. Making Secondary Corrections
5. Making Creative Corrections
6. Working with Raw Video
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.