Join Steve Holyhead for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding transition effects, part of Migrating from Final Cut Pro 7 to Avid Media Composer 5.5.
In Final Cut Pro, transition effects can be added directly from the Video…Transitions option under the Effects menu.…In Media Composer, transition effects are very similar to those in FCP and…we'll look at a couple of different ways to add and use them.…Here in the swingdance_transitions sequence, you can see that I've already added a Dissolve.…Let's zoom in here onto the end of the first clip in the sequence, like so.…(Female speaker: Swing dancing brings you together, bring you to a simple time.)…So we can dissolve between two clips on the same track, or between clips on…different tracks if we want to.…
In fact, let's do that right now.…Let's create a transition between this Interview 1 clip here on V1 and the…b-roll clip here, 73565.…To do that, the first way I'm going to show you is using the Quick Transition dialog.…So park near the transition that you wish to affect, make sure the correct…track is active in your sequence, and then activate the Quick Transition dialog, like so.…We've used this a number of times in the course so far, so we already know that…
- Working with clips, bins, folders and the project window
- Customizing user settings and keyboard layout
- Importing video, audio, and graphics
- Accessing clips from other projects
- Comparing backup structure
- Organizing media and project assets
- Understanding media resolution and locations
- Editing in the timeline
- Mixing audio
- Compositing with keyframes
- Creating titles
- Color correcting footage
- Preparing and outputting master sequences
Skill Level Beginner
1. Comparing Interface and Application Basics
2. Understanding Media, Projects, and Levels of Organization
Comparing backup structure9m 51s
3. Taking Control of Media Composer
4. Linking, Importing, and Managing Media
5. Organizing, Viewing, Logging, and Searching
6. Understanding the Basics of Editing
7. Editing in the Timeline
8. Understanding Audio
9. Adding Effects and Finishing
10. Delivering Masters for Web, DVD, and More
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.