Join Ashley Kennedy for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding transition effects, part of Final Cut Pro X v10.1.x: Commercial Editing Techniques.
- Now that we've added our stutter edits,…our spot is coming along pretty well.…One more effect I'd like to consider…is the use of transitions.…Let's take a look.…I'm going to go into my pre-effects sequence here,…and you know, right now we've got hard cuts…in between each and every edit.…And as you know, we have at least…four distinct sections in the commercial.…We have the first one here, and then we have our her shot,…and then we have another section here,…and another hero shot, and so on and so forth.…I think I'd like to play with that,…perhaps put a creative transition…in between each of these four sections.…What should we be going for here?…Well, probably nothing too overly complicated.…
We're looking for simple, clean, pure,…just like the brand message.…And I'm actually thinking that something that…flashes a little white quickly, but not over the top,…might be a nice touch.…We can just use the transitions…that we generate within Final Cut,…but we can also use transitions from other sources as well.…Now, I've gone ahead and pulled some transition templates…
Note: This course was updated to reflect the changes to Final Cut Pro X v. 10.1.x. Although the course was not re-recorded from scratch, we updated the applicable movies by adding text overlays to guide you through existing changes. We also updated the exercise files to work with the most current version of the software. Please watch the "Understanding this update and using the exercise files" movie to learn exactly what to expect from this updated course. Working with an earlier version of Final Cut Pro X? Watch Commercial Editing Techniques with Final Cut Pro X v10.0.9.
- What is commercial editing?
- Understanding the product's audience and intent
- Marking the best shots
- Laying out the visual structure
- Building an audio foundation
- Manipulating speed
- Adding transition effects
- Adding graphics, music, and voice-over
- Delivering the project and receiving feedback