Join Steve Holyhead for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding titles and using them in sequences, part of Migrating from Final Cut Pro 7 to Avid Media Composer 5.5.
So with the titles we created in the previous video here in the bin let's go…ahead now and add them to our sequence.…I'm going to zoom in on the timeline a little bit here, because we are going to be…adding our titles in here above interview clip 1 on video track 2.…So I am going to mark the segment where I'd like to add the first title.…In this case, it's going to be Kim.…Again, I am going to mark somewhere into the title here, just in case…I ever need to do a transition or trim back out the side and now I am going to…use my red Overwrite tool to add that clip into my sequence.…
And you can see there it is available over the top of the video background.…Let's go ahead and add other title in as well.…Put that on video track 3, switch here to the other title, swingdancer, make a…mark in and add that as well.…And now they are staggered as they come on.…(Female speaker: ?brings you to a simple time, where the roles are defined, and at one?)…And of course if I wanted to I could park near the transition points for both of these, …
- Working with clips, bins, folders and the project window
- Customizing user settings and keyboard layout
- Importing video, audio, and graphics
- Accessing clips from other projects
- Comparing backup structure
- Organizing media and project assets
- Understanding media resolution and locations
- Editing in the timeline
- Mixing audio
- Compositing with keyframes
- Creating titles
- Color correcting footage
- Preparing and outputting master sequences
Skill Level Beginner
1. Comparing Interface and Application Basics
2. Understanding Media, Projects, and Levels of Organization
Comparing backup structure9m 51s
3. Taking Control of Media Composer
4. Linking, Importing, and Managing Media
5. Organizing, Viewing, Logging, and Searching
6. Understanding the Basics of Editing
7. Editing in the Timeline
8. Understanding Audio
9. Adding Effects and Finishing
10. Delivering Masters for Web, DVD, and More
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.