Join Diana Weynand for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding sound effects to create depth, part of Effective Storytelling with Final Cut Pro X v10.0.9.
What if I told you there's more you can do to a stick figure scene than…alter the voices?…That's right;…the last step in selling the stick figure scene is adding sound effects to it.…And once you hear how much depth and interest sound effects can add to a scene,…I'm sure you will look for places to add them in the scenes that you used real…people, even real people documentaries.…In the Project Library, let's open the Sound Effects project.…Now this project contains the work that's been done so far; to add text and to…record a voice over, even to add or change pitch to the recorded sound.…
Let's go to our Event Library because when we work with sound effects, it's not…a bad idea to create another Keyword Collection and call it sound effects, or…SFX, that way whatever sound effects we find that we like we can drag them into…the keyword collection and we may find a place to use them at another location…in the project.…In order to look for, or shop for sound effects, we want to go to the…Media Browser.…
- Identifying story elements
- Finding the essence of a story
- Importing folders and stills as keyword collections
- Using keywords to make clips accessible
- Prepping clips for editing
- Developing story diversity
- Sculpting the story within the timeline
- Fine-tuning edits
- Organizing separate story segments into independent storylines
- Recording a narration track
- Adding sound effects
- Applying effects to enhance story elements
- Adding freeze frames
Skill Level Intermediate
Premiere Pro CS5.5 New Featureswith David Basulto27m 7s Intermediate
1. Defining Your Story
2. Gathering Story Elements
3. Organizing Story Elements
4. Building a Primary Storyline
5. Refining the Story
6. Previsualizing in Final Cut to Help Write Your Story
7. Embellishing Your Story
8. Moving the Story Along
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.