Join Diana Weynand for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding freeze frames to end or start sections, part of Effective Storytelling with Final Cut Pro X v10.0.9.
When we point a still camera and say hold it, we typically get what we want and…need or something close.…But when we shoot video, there are no hold its, you just keep recording, maybe…24, 25 or 30 frames a second depending on your camera settings.…But somewhere in all that footage in those frames, there's very likely one very…special frame, you could use to emphasize something in your story.…Is it a meaningful handshake, a shy smile or a hard-working coffee grower?…In the Event Library, in the Graphics keyword collection, let's take a look at…the bumper called Delicious.…
Throughout the Delicious Peace Grows in a Ugandan Coffee Bean documentary, these…bumpers were used to go in or out of a story segment.…Now of course they used text to communicate what this was about, and by the way,…these bumpers were created in motion.…But notice the image in the background. This was a still image of the coffee…growers standing around a weight as they were weighing a bag of coffee.…But look how much texture and depth it adds to this graphic.…
- Identifying story elements
- Finding the essence of a story
- Importing folders and stills as keyword collections
- Using keywords to make clips accessible
- Prepping clips for editing
- Developing story diversity
- Sculpting the story within the timeline
- Fine-tuning edits
- Organizing separate story segments into independent storylines
- Recording a narration track
- Adding sound effects
- Applying effects to enhance story elements
- Adding freeze frames
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Defining Your Story
2. Gathering Story Elements
3. Organizing Story Elements
4. Building a Primary Storyline
5. Refining the Story
6. Previsualizing in Final Cut to Help Write Your Story
7. Embellishing Your Story
8. Moving the Story Along
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.