Join Ashley Kennedy for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding the final graphics, music, and voice-over, part of Commercial Editing Techniques with Final Cut Pro X v10.1.x.
- We've come to the part of the editing process…where we need to take what we've got…which contains a lot of placeholders…in terms of graphics and music and voiceover,…and rejoin the professional products to this piece.…Now, this can sometimes happen organically,…as in when it's ready, you just perform…the replacement as needed,…but in the case of this course,…we're going to do it all at once.…Let's take a look.…I'm going go into my pre-add project here…and let's start with our music…since we're replacing a single spot of music with another.…I'm going to go down to my final folder here…and click on final music.…
This music was composed at the same beats per minute…as the sample music.…I'm just going to click on it…and play a little bit of it for you…so you can see what it sounds like.…(upbeat music)…Well, I'm just going to drag and drop…to perform a replace edit,…and as you can see it's actually just a little bit longer,…but this is all silent,…so we'll shorten that as needed.…Now let's tackle the voiceover.…I've got the professional quality voiceover right here…
Note: This course was updated to reflect the changes to Final Cut Pro X v. 10.1.x. Although the course was not re-recorded from scratch, we updated the applicable movies by adding text overlays to guide you through existing changes. We also updated the exercise files to work with the most current version of the software. Please watch the "Understanding this update and using the exercise files" movie to learn exactly what to expect from this updated course. Working with an earlier version of Final Cut Pro X? Watch Commercial Editing Techniques with Final Cut Pro X v10.0.9.
- What is commercial editing?
- Understanding the product's audience and intent
- Marking the best shots
- Laying out the visual structure
- Building an audio foundation
- Manipulating speed
- Adding transition effects
- Adding graphics, music, and voice-over
- Delivering the project and receiving feedback