- As you go through the editing process,…you'll probably be wanting to add…additional footage and perhaps even review…your sound effects in your music to make sure…you like everything.…It's very easy to add footage as well as…sound effects in music throughout the editing process…and have them filed in the right place.…If I use the import command,…I could just go ahead and import those…directly into the event library that I want to work with,…and we cover that in detail in the Essential Editing course.…
Final Cut Pro actually ships…with a lot of sound effects all ready…that are going to be available to you…in your music libraries,…as well as any music that you might have stored…in your iTunes Library.…A lot of editors, actually, like to create…a special iTunes Library,…which is composed of exclusively…their royalty-free music,…and they can use that in any program.…Let's go ahead and take a look how I can bring that in.…I'm going to simply click on the musical note…to open up my Musical and Sound Library,…and here's an example of some the Final Cut Pro…
Note: This course was updated to reflect the changes to Final Cut Pro X v. 10.1.x. Although the course was not re-recorded from scratch, we updated each of the movies by adding text overlays to guide you to existing changes. We also updated the exercise files to work with the most current version of the software. Please watch the "Understanding this update and using the exercise files" movie to learn exactly what to expect from this updated course. Working with an earlier version of Final Cut Pro X? Watch Narrative Scene Editing with Final Cut Pro X 10.0.9.
- Preparing and importing your media
- Evaluating shots and performances
- Incorporating additional assets like images
- Editing a dialogue scene
- Adding reaction shots
- Using alternative takes
- Editing a montage
- Selecting and organizing clips
- Enhancing a scene with audio
- Replacing location audio or a dialogue track
- Transitioning between scenes
- Using creative color and effects
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Preparing for the Edit
Preparing the interface4m 2s
2. Understanding the Workflow of Cutting a Narrative Film
Adding assets1m 50s
3. Editing a Dialogue Scene
4. Editing a Montage
5. Editing a Multicamera Shoot
6. Using Audio to Enhance a Scene
7. Finishing Techniques
Next steps2m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.